Dr. David T. Schroder is one of our well-established hip and knee specialists. He is a clinical assistant professor with the University of Maryland, participating in orthopaedic resident teaching. He sees patients at our Bellona office, O’Dea office, and Bel Air locations.
David T. Schroder, M.D.
[testimonial_average_rating category=”schroder” /] Leave A Review
More About Dr. Schroder
A graduate of the US Naval Academy and Georgetown University School of Medicine, Dr. Schroder trained in orthopaedic surgery at Naval Medical Center San Diego.
Dr. Schroder has had extensive experience in all areas of orthopaedics during his tenure at Naval Medical Center San Diego, Naval Hospital Yokosuka, Japan, and most recently as Assistant Department Head and Clinical Operations Officer of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the National Military Medical Center in Washington, DC. Serving as Commander in the US Navy, Dr. Schroder provided surgical care to our wounded warriors both at home and in Afghanistan as well as executive care for our nation’s leaders of the Pentagon, Congress, and the White House.
His interests include arthroplasty of the hip and knee, partial joint arthroplasty, revision arthroplasty, direct anterior hip replacement, cartilage and meniscal injuries of the knee, as well as hip arthroscopy for impingement, abductor tears, and piriformis pain.
Present Academic Rank and Position
Clinical Assistant Professor and Staff Orthopaedic Surgeon, University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center
He is a Fellow of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
Staff Orthopaedic Surgeon, Adult Reconstruction and General Orthopaedics The San Antonio Orthopaedic Group, San Antonio, TX
Assistant Department Head, Site Chief and Director of Clinical Operations Integrated Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
Staff Orthopaedic Surgeon Navy Forward Surgical Team, Forward Operating Base Lagman, Afghanistan
- Fellowship: Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Internship: General Surgery Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Medical School: Doctor of Medicine Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- College: Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD
- Total Hip replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Direct Anterior Hip Replacement
- Unicondylar Knee Replacement/Partial Knee Replacement
- Patellofemoral Knee Replacement/Partial Knee Replacement
- Revision Hip and Knee Replacement
- Hip Arthroscopy/Femoroacetabular Impingement/Joint Preservation of the Hip
- Arthroscopic Treatment of Cartilage and Meniscal injuries to Knee/Joint Preservation of the Knee
- Osteonecrosis of the Hip
Contact This Provider
Dr. Schroder sees patients at the following Towson Orthopaedic Associates’ locations:
[testimonial_view id=”2″ category=”schroder”]